Super Bowl #Fail

By | Wednesday, February 04, 2015
If anyone watched the Super Bowl on Sunday you know it was a downer on a few levels.
The game, for 88 minutes, was a great game but that final minute was horrendous.
A horrible call by the Seahawks costs them the game and gave Brady an undeserved MVP award (his performance wasn't MVP quality).

The commercials were Debbie downers with dead kids and sappy dad commercials; my favorite was the Always commercial "Like a girl" was my favorite. This topic has been my personal social reform campaign for 32 years now, so I was so glad to see this spot air during the Super Bowl; Let's change the culture people!

And lastly, Katy Perry's performance.
Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Katy (no particular reason,although I do love her "Firework" song), so I'm not sure there was much she could have done differently that would have made me love the performance but in my opinion it was just okay. I was excited when Lenny Kravitz was announced as a guest performer but his cameo... I would've done without. Missy Elliot on the other hand knows how to get the party started so that much I did enjoy. Again, overall it was just okay for me.

So with the combination of all the factors; the game, commercials, and half time performance it was a "FAIL" to me. I'm glad the hosts of the Super bowl party I went to had a delicious spread to keep at least one of my senses satisfied.



Newer Post Older Post Home